Wednesday, June 10, 2009

my testimony that is gonna to share this friday during cf meeting

My testimony
First and foremost, I want to praise God for giving me this golden opportunity to share my testimony here. When I was told to share something about myself in front of all KDU CF members and the “new faces” to this college, I really felt happy as I was given this golden opportunity to share my testimony .At the same time, I felt worry and nervous also about what topic or which part of my life I am going to share with everyone. After thinking and pray to the God, I think Father Lord wanted me to share something about how I came to KDU, how I started my journey with GOD at pj here and what I learnt throughout the journey of my life.

At the very beginning, I am going to introduce myself to all of u guys. My name is Jin Chieh, can call me JC also. I was born in a Christian family and I grow up at Sibu, which is one of the towns in Sarawak. After I finished my SPM, I just wondering what am I going to do after this? Am I going to continue my study in form 6? Or start working? Or continue my study at college?
I really have no idea of my future. I just pray to God everyday asking Him to lead me to the path that he want me to travel. My parents want me to continue my study at Taylors University College but I refuse to do so. The reasons are the tuition fee is quite expensive and I do not want to burden my parents and also I think God has chosen another way for me. I just seek for advice from various education consultants and suddenly one of the consultants told me about KDU college. What is KDU stand for? Where is it? Is it famous and providing high quality in education field? I never heard of this college before. None of my friends or seniors from my high school studied there before. But somehow I have a strong feeling and God spoke into my heart that this college will be my next destiny. I just told others that I want to further my study at KDU, a lots of disagree sound coming out from my parents, teachers, relatives and friends. Why you want to put yourself into risk? There is still another better choice compare to this. I just stand on my own decision to study at KDU college.
I arrive at KDU in 25th March this year. I just came alone and there were lots of challenges waiting for me. I need to do everything by my own. I do not know anything about pj and how the society here. I have a lot of worries when I came here. I do not know whether I can suit myself to life here and overcome all the obstacles. I was arranged to stay at the KDU hostel. I just pray hard to God to ask for his wisdom to lead me and give me strength to continue my life here. I learnt how to take bus, find places to buy groceries, take cab and many more. The 3rd day, I just thought on going to church for Sunday service. Where should I go? Where should I ask for this? I had no idea. God show His will to me. I just walk down from my unit and go down to the downstairs. There was a guy called Mervin. I just ask him which church is the nearest to the hostel? Do you know anyone who gp to church? He just told me he was going to church and now he was waiting for Aaron’s car to church for life group. He asked me whether I want to follow him or not. Without thinking too much, I just quickly answer’ Yes’. I felt very happy and like released all the burdens as God has answered me. He has led me the way to seek for his wisdom.

The church that I was going in my hometown was a Methodist church which comprised of thousands of people. The church that I am going now is Eaglepoint Damansara which is a planting church under Every Nation organization. At the church I met with a lot of people and they showed their caring and love to me. They will sms me quite frequently, brought me out to yamcha, go for a short trip and many more. They never let me to feel alone or not being accepted by the church. I learnt step by step, and preparing myself to start serving this church. When the leader in the church gave me some tasks, I just asked myself can I do all of these? I really do not have confident. However, God compassion always with me and I gained more confident in myself. Lately, I was asked by Pastor Shawn to attend a short leadership course organized by my church. I really quite surprised to hear that as I am the new people in the church. Others who attend this course are already here for more than 1 year. Ooh! Seldom got pastor invites people by talking to him/her face to face. I learnt a lot through this course.
The next thing I am going to share is how I know about KDU CF. I still remembered the first day i came to college and Ms Angeline asking the students who are Christians? I just raised up my hand and she told me about CF. she is a passionate people that I never met with before and her willingness to serve God really touched by her as she teach me a lot and share a lot of things about God. If not mistaken, she had brought me to join more than 5 events that held by her church or others in this two months time. I learnt a lot from all that events and may be next time I can share some experiences.
Before I end my talk, I just want to say thank you for giving me this chances to share my testimony and all the best to the new students. Never be afraid in anything that happen to you as God always be with you. God bless you. See you guys next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment